Voting

Saturday, July 24, 2010

You always know what I need

God is without a doubt a giver of good gifts. This week while in my therapy session Sue and I talked about the question, Is God good? And if he is, what does that mean. What is God's definition of good?
As I am here in San Diego, 100+ miles away from familiar, at least current familiar circumstances, I am reminded of His goodness in many ways. That beyond our control, He knows what is best for us, and often times when we cannot find it, he brings answers. He answers us. He listens to us. He hears our crys and yet knows the thing behind the thing. That's why I love getting to the bottom of things, because that is where the truth is. That is where our desire is. That is where God is. Smiling.

HE is meeting my needs in ways in which I never would have imagined. Different fun ways. Different hard ways. His ways.

Reconnecting with someone you haven't seen in years, and knowing that Jesus is behind your relationship is like coming home. Seeing Megan, Andrew and Matty has been precious to my soul. Getting to reconnect with my best bud has been beautiful! She's such a giving precious woman who adores God with all of her heart. She is an inspiration to me, full of this rich wisdom that she is teaching her son and in the meanwhile everyone that has ears to hear. I am so blessed to have her as my dear friend. I need to capture a photo with her today for sure and promise to post tomorrow when I get back up to LA.

Went to Old town last night and had amazing carnitas and guacamole at this awesome little authentic mexican restaurant with my cousins.  It was SO much better than Lalo's J! lol They have been so gracious to let me crash at their pad and I really am enjoying getting to know Molli's Noah better. He's a great choice for a husband for her!!!

Today I did a double run/swim training piece and it rocked! I was feeling terribly weak at first on my run, but I overcame by repeating to myself what I know is true. I am a strong runner, who finishes what she starts. What I had, I gave, what I saved I lost forever. Then my run went much better. I even took on two hills, which I haven't done in the past and felt very strong running up them. My legs felt powerful and good! We have incredible bodies...thank God for health!!!

My swim went really good as well. I swam in Molli and Noah's pool at their condo, which is about half the size of 25 meter, so it was strange doubling up all of my laps, but it worked. You make it work! I even did a bit of butterfly just for the fun of it, because it used to be my stroke back in the day. 20+ years ago!!! Failed miserably, but gave it a go...so no real failure.

And now, I'm off to hang out with Matty while mom and dad go to a wedding! I'm just excited to spend time loving this precious little man.

peace my peeps


No comments: