Voting

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

It's raining it's pouring

It's yucky weather here in Southern California today with a chance of burn off maybe? I don't know because I haven't checked yet. Today I am going to be working on a first step towards making a long time dream of mine come true. I have always wanted to make a lullaby album for my future nephews, nieces or children. It all began when Nicky was born over 6 years ago. Jimmy(my boyfriend at the time) and I went down to Newburg Indiana to visit my sister and her family for Christmas and we thought it would be fun to sing songs with them and to them. So, Jimmy learned some Christmas carols and two other songs that he and I shared with the family. One of them being, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World" After singing it to them, I thought what a fun neat present to give kids...a collection of songs that are unique but "lullaby-esque"(totally not a word). And for this girl and my love for song, it sounded perfect. So, I began compiling songs, but kind of forgot about laying them down or learning them on a guitar or piano. Well, now I have the time, a vocal teacher who rocks to help me work through them and both a piano and a guitar at my disposal. SO, here goes nothing.
The first step is just video'ing me practicing them so Luke can critique the heck out of them and help me make them sound BEAUTIFUL! Then, we'll see about capturing them on some sort of 8 track or something. I think when I get back home, I will be asking the help of a couple of my friends. Jules, if you are reading this, you know I'll be coming your way!!! You and that amazing brother of yours Michael for sure. I hear your voice in my head as I think about doing this. Your angelic voice blesses my socks off and I miss days of singing together.
Maybe I can get my chorus of men together too, and lay down "you raise me up" while I'm at it. Chicago men...instead of Celtic Women. Anywho...that's a different story for a different day.
Boot Camp today was killer but awesome! 8 mile bike ride later perhaps if it stops raining.

No comments: