Voting

Sunday, July 18, 2010

weight lifting day after

If you ever have lifted weights in high school you know what I am about to discuss. The muscle burn the day after a good weight lifting session. I am excited to be feeling this and look fwd to Monday and my next session. I love that feeling because it is proof that you are actually doing something with the muscle. It's called DOMS, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. It's a tiny microscopic tearing of the muscle and then the rebuilding of that same muscle. And today, I'm feeling it in a couple of different areas.
Bam and I are going on a hike today to Griffith Park to see the Hollywood sign up close and see to the stars? As in stars in the sky. I am highly doubtful that we will see much of anything due to the constant light that remains in the LA area. Perhaps I will be proven wrong!?!

Totally hung out with Mark Herring last night! So fun to see my friend after all of these years. We went to this rad barber BOLT Barbers and got Mark's haircut. She did a good job, and I was impressed with her tools, but one side was just a bit longer than the other and she didn't spend a ton of time checking the cut out in the mirror. When I say a ton of time, I mean like more than a seconds glance. I'm so picky about men's haircuts it's silly! Then we, his co-worker Jim, Mark and I went to Cole's for the famous French Dip. Yummy! They had these amazing spicy sweet potato fries!!! Totally broke the training eating last night, but you have to enjoy yourself in moderation as you go. Had an awesome beer too, that tasted perfect with the spicyness of the pickle and fries. After dinner we cruised over to The Edison. This is that club I went to last week with B and her friends. Such the cool place. I really enjoy the post prohibition style of drinks and their menu is phenomenal. Last night they had performers though! All around the club at different times were these performances. The two we watched were from a female contortionist who danced to music on the bar and on stage. She was incredible! I sat and observed that most of the people who were clapping were men. I thought, this is sad. Why can't the women in this room recognize the amazing talent of this woman and clap for her. Strange social behavior for sure.
Then tonight Bam and I went to go see Grown Ups. Thank God for Adam Sandler and his humor. I loved every minute of this movie, as I do most Adam Sandler flicks. I laughed really hard and it made my day.
I'm off to bed. Have a long run in the AM
Love,

No comments: