Voting

Thursday, July 29, 2010

My dear friend Anna

Thanks goes out today to my dear friend Anna Koruba. If you read comments you'll see that she pointed out so perfectly that I forgot to actually speak of my weight loss in the previous day's post and yet waxed so eloquently about it!!! I'm still laughing.

It was a weight loss goal. To get below a certain poundage. I have had it in my mind for almost 10 years that I would never be below that weight again. And, although I'm premature in celebrating my being below that weight, I know it's coming. And like I was saying...I had this switch happen in my brain. Like, woah...something you believed about yourself for SO many years is NOT true. You have everything it takes within you to accomplish whatever you set your mind to Kristen. And I'm not just saying this. I BELIEVE this now. In small ways in some areas, in bigger ways in others. I am starting to have a more realistic ability to see myself as I am instead of as I think I am.

The part that mesmorizes me is how deep this actually was hidden in me. When I spoke of the alligator tears it was because it felt like that shift happened in the essence of my heart. The place I call home. And as I get closer and closer to actually meeting my goal, I am enjoying my home. I am enjoying the now. The present that says...today is another day where you get the opportunity to live fully.

I have 5 weeks left of my 90 day gift. I intend to make the best out of it. I am looking for a place to volunteer my time right now. I have too much of it on my hands and I want to give somewhere. If any of you know of a good non for profit or church or charity or group that could use help with time served, please let me know. I am hoping this one gets back to me. I would love to help at their camp! And I just got an e-mail from their staff asking me to come in for an interview on Saturday!!!

Also...if you need a little kick in the pants or encouragement on living life in the now here's a couple of links I've been visiting and pictures of a couple of people who are giving me hope. (from top to bottom: Sue, Mary Jo, Dad, Luke, John;my trainer and Beth)
Thanks to all of you out there praying for me, visiting my blog and sending good wishes as well as good letters.  Love to you and yours!!!

Tyler Tervooren
this past Sunday's message from Willow
My favorite blog to read

No comments: