Voting

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

10 miles and a break in procedure

So, I cheated. I broke procedure and signed on to Facebook yesterday. Yes, it's real. And I was amazed to see how little things change, and yet there was hours of "stuff" to look at. I think I spent a whole 25 min on it and did much more than I wanted to, but it's so fun catching up with people and seeing their profile pics and loving them, wanting to comment on them...ect. I have an addiction, I do. It's ok...Hi my name is Kristen and I am a facebookaholic.
It was after my amazing 10 mile bike ride. Now, I don't know if that's a big deal for others and I'm trying to not be in the business of comparing myself but for me it rocked! I cut over 20 min off of my original time last week and had a little mexican angel bless me on the way! I was stopped at a stop light waiting for the cross walk when this guy across the street yells to me.
"Hey!" I'm like, uh oh...please change light. Please change!!!
"Hey. Lady!" CRAP oh Crap
"Your seat's too low." "what?"
"your seat is too low for riding like you are. You need to raise it"
So, thus begins a very helpful lesson on where my bike seat should be to obtain maximum legs useage and two other very helpful tips that I believe were the reason I cut at least 10 min off of my time. The other 10 were because I was hitting it hard.
So, lesson(s) learned...
1).Don't always second guess the what you think is a crazy man on the street yelling at you. Could be entertaining angels unaware.
2). Go back to your goal of staying off of FB for the rest of the summer!

xoxo

1 comment:

Kristenanne said...

So in adendum to this post is this story...and instead of making it a new post I decided to utilize my comment space that is gets lonely.
This morning at Boot Camp John looks at me and says, So I hear that you are now yelling at people as you bicycle. I was all, HUH?! I had a dude yell at me, but I didn't yell at anyone. He did a great job of playing it off as if he knew exactly what went on and kept implying to the whole crew that I was lying and truely a yelling biker maniac. It was funny and yet some what disturbing as I knew I hadn't seen his car driving along while I rode and thought, shoot, is John reading my blog?! Funny huh!? So, after about more than half of Boot Camp one of the other girls finally tells me that she and her kids were out riding their bikes and I yelled hello to them. Often times she and John run out of things to talk about while she's in her personal training sessions and she mentioned to him that she saw me. So, he took it upon himself to tease me as long as he could. For those of you that know me, this isn't the hardest thing to do at all.