Voting

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

tri training

Ok, so up until now, I feel like I have been pretty positive regarding my training. And I continue to have that positive outlook for sure. HOWEVER, this morning I spent a significant amount of time reading a ton of information on Triathlon Training. Specifically, on each area to make sure I am doing things correctly. It's a lot to take in and as I read about race day I started to cry. Tears fell like rain. And here they are again. I have never done anything like this in my adult life...exercise wise and it's kind of overwhelming to me. In GREAT ways and in woah sort of ways. Reading about race day made it hit home I guess. I was like...HOLY CRAP Kristen, you are actually going to do a Sprint Tri. And so there's a great feeling of, wow...and there's a woah, what in the world are you thinking.
I have to battle the thoughts that come when I speak like this.
-So, it's only a sprint
-That's no big deal
-You've never even run a 5 K, and you think you'll do this?
-Why? I mean really, why?
-You can't do this
But, it does feel like a winning battle right now. The tears are more of the "Way to Go Kristen" side of the coin. The side that knows I have this in me. The side that has cheered on every other person in my life with the belief of a 1000 spectators and cheerleaders all rolled in to one body, this body!
Nick once called me a potential guru. So, as my body works through the challenge of pushing it's own limits, my mind is being worked out as well.
Kristen, support yourself the way you do others.
Believe in you.
You can do this AND you are doing this!
And so, I push on today. Dad suggested that I put into practice a new way of tracking my workouts. It's a points system to make sure I am pushing myself to the best capacity available. Go here to check it out. I need to achieve between 30-50 points a week.
Here goes nothing and everything. Off to the library and then to the fitness center to kick it into high gear! Got a back to back swim/run today!
And then tomorrow is Boot Camp and I will be going to Manhattan Beach again and riding my bike up and down the boardwalk before I pick up Beth from LAX!

love to you all...

No comments: