Voting

Friday, July 02, 2010

REI and my feelings on Montana

Oh my oh my oh my...
i am a new member at REI

Today I went to REI to scope out biking shorts, race hats, sunglasses, gels and gummies. And can I just say it was as enjoyable of time as any. I just <3 that store with a lot of love.
i. heart. REI.
that's right folks. I do. Just entering the premise makes me think of nature and the outdoors and Montana and Colorado and rivers and lakes and fishing and... believe me I could go on. But I won't.

And it's fun to see all of the toys one can aquire when one, ME!, if getting into a new sport. Here is the list of WANTS:
-a heart monitor
-a pedometer
-sunglasses that shade and stay on while you run/bike but don't look super stupid
-biking shorts two kinds
-a new bike (don't know what kind yet, because doing this research means I really might get one and I don't have the cash for that yet, except that there is a used sale coming up, ahhh)
-fancy bike shoes
-riding gloves (just because)
I get so carried away, it's like holy kaka...leave now. So, instead I just paroozed over to another section.
Anywho...the joy that being in there brought me must have been contagious, for many a person smiled at me joyfully. It's like happy land for outdoorsy folks. The nice man that rang me up commented on how much he liked my glasses and asked me if I was a member. I said, much to my dismay, "no, I just usually give all of my purchases to my friends card." He told me that today should be the day that I joined. Being in the mood I was already in I agreed. He was a great salesman. His name is Mark and I'll be seeing him at the Used Sale next weekend!!!

 also went grocery shopping today. It really was a condundrum. I am trying to be a smart shopper, a healthier eater, and a earth concious person these days. So, I strut into Whole Foods carrying my reusable bags from like 6 different stores. It was a sight! I had a shopping list of mostly produce, but wasn't quite sure if I would be able to get everything there. Now, let me get this off of my mind. I LOVE grocery shopping! I truely enjoy going down every isle reading things, looking at new products, etc. BUT, when you are learning SO much about food and the different ingredients that go into everything and what to eat, when to eat it, how much to eat, it can get a little overwhelming. It made grocery shopping a chore. And normally, it's NOT a chore for me. I wished at that moment that I had either J or Blythe with me. See, they are already smart shoppers in this arena of Organic/heatlhier eating and know what to get and why. I had to ask myself a lot of hard questions and it made things very interesting. And then, because Whole Foods did not have everything I wanted I went to Albertsons. I feel much more at home in regular grocery stores than in Whole Food type of places. Not to say that I won't go back, because the more you become aquainted, the more at home you feel. I love Trader Joe's but I am still lost there too. The best thing I bought today was Kale and Jicama! Well, those are the newest things I'm trying at least :0)

Last thought for today...
As I was making dinner, I realized that it's July! Holy cow...one month down, 2 to go! Anywho, I flipped over my calendar to July and there was this picture... and it caused me to stop in my tracks and take a deep breath. It may not look that spectacular to you through this picture, but it is! BREATHE KRISTEN, BREATHE. And in real life, I know this pass well. And it made me thankful that I have been there. It made me long for the next time. It made me grin from ear to ear that I will be there soon. It made me think that I am the most blessed woman alive for a moment. That there is such beauty in this world and I have seen it. I have played in it. I have soaked in it's splendor and shared the same air space. And I just had to share. Because as I go out for my bike ride here shortly, I will be pushing myself. One day I want to take my bike up to Glacier and ride it like my old boss and friend Steve does. And this is good inspiration for a late Friday night ride!

No comments: