Voting

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

a thought or two

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice." ~Meister Eckhart


I'm amazed that things can happen so quickly sometimes. One day, things are one way, and in a second...things can change. I'm not sure why it's taking me back so much right at this moment, but literally people usually say this when things happen for the worse. Like, in an instant someone gets killed in a car accident. But, I'm talking about the choices we make and how within a moment, a second, things can change for the better.

We do have power over our emotions. We are given self control, the power of choice, truth, others; all things that we can rely on to help us.
I'm very close to meeting another goal, one that I honestly had it in my brain was going to be very very tough to reach...but it's right around the corner. And it creates in me a silence.
it creates a deep sense of gratitude in my belly.
it helps me see a future.
it allows me to breathe better.
it gives me wings.
and the it...is partly me. The reaching of this goal was accomplished by me and I do not know what to do with that. Because it helps me see myself in a way that is different. Someone who can achieve things instead of a failure. And I have lived many years with a squewed perception of myself. That I could do not this. And I am learning SO much. I have learned so much about what it takes for me to achieve goals.
It takes others, being encouraging and accountability to yourself and others
daily focus
commitment
willingness to fail, but belief to get back up
grace
little steps. little goals. big steps. big enough goals.
as the alligator tears fall today in the letting go of a wrong belief and the truth taking root instead, I am so glad to know that we are not finished growing EVER. Greatful to God who began teaching me a lesson a long time ago...be a sponge Kristen Anne. To be a person who is committed to change, learn and grow forever.
For a earthly Daddy who loves me enough to speak truth to me and love me and give me a great gift of time, money and support to reach these goals. I am very blessed.
Thank You Heavenly Father for all of these things!


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." ~Melodie Beattie

No comments: