Voting

Saturday, June 05, 2010

preparing to go (written prior to leaving)

I packed today, threw away a TV that reminded me how amazing it can feel to simplify ones life. So, I also rid myself of necessary clothing. Clothing, that without a doubt will not fit properly in 3 months.

To quote Luker:
"Upon further reflection I believe the discarding of the monster television was a symbol for our summers...thrilling risk(and it was!), quick and clean decision making, letting go, and community."


And to this I say AMEN! Bring on the boot camp, the learning how to eat appropriately because my way of doing so thus far is a little broken and all of the other exciting yet challenging adventures that await me!

2 comments:

... said...

I would have taken your TV... ours is busted....


Sending love your way. Will you be accepting hand-written letters? I'd love to know where to send things to you!

Anna

Kristenanne said...

Darn it! I would much rather have given it to you. I will be accepting hand-written letters. In fact, it's sort of like summer camp where that's the only kind I'll be getting! Feels strange, but amazing at the same time. I'll post my address tomorrow.