Voting

Saturday, June 26, 2010

GREASE Sing A Long

Last night, my step sister Audrey, my step mom Beth and I drove over to Sherman Oaks to catch a bus over to the Hollywood Bowl. We had purchased tickets to go participate in the first EVER "Grease the movie" Sing a Long!!! Now, understand that I have literally been watching this movie since I can remember. All of my siblings and both parents know the words to a lot of the songs even if they don't want to because for years I've been subjecting them to it either via tape, cd, VHS or finally the DVD. And I'm here to tell you that I knew this would be a top event highlight to my summer!
I packed us a cute picnic basket full of yummy salads, veggies, avocados, brushetta, crackers, tiny little key lime cookies, wine, sodas and water. We had lots of laughs on the way over due to people watching and telling stories.
We arrived, found a table to eat at and began playing one of my favorite games called, "tell a story about someone you see." Audrey jumped head first into the game but it quickly fizzled out when Beth wouldn't join us. She said she likes playing in her head not saying things out loud. So we people watched, I chewed on a piece of glass that we're not sure how it made it's way into the salmon spread, shared a few stories and then went to find out seats and watch the costume parade.
I would suggest that if you ever have a chance to go to this, take your time eating. There's not a whole lot to be seen in the people parade of costumes! Well, maybe in your town there will be more creativity, but people were pretty boring with their pics. The best 4 I saw which most made it to the finals were the movie commercial hot dog, buns, soda, etc and this precious little Danny Zucko who was sitting on a a swing held up by the popcorn and the ice cream!!! Then, there was the Grease Lightning crew with a cardboard made car, the girls in the Beauty school drop out scene (amazing costumes and MY personal favorite) and a woman who made a dress that had amoebas on fleas on rats imprinted on it (super creative but didn't make it to the finals). The host of the evening was Didi Conn who plays Frenchie. It's sweet because her voice is just that character. She was precious with the kids on stage in their Danny and Sandy costumes! 
They had given us each a party bag with fun things to be used during the movie to interact. A rah rah cheer pom in Ridell colors, a scarf in yellow like the one Cha Cha wore in the drag race scene, bubbles for the beauty school drop out song, a whistle for the end when they fly off in the car, and a postcard that was the Grease logo on the front and on the back was the word, "WORD" and we were to hold it up every time they said "WORD" when the Grease theme song came on. They told us to "Hiss" every time one of the Scorpions came on screen, and "Boo" every time Cha Cha or Patty Simpcox came on the screen. We were to say "Ahhh" when there were lovey dovey parts.
So, then finally the movie started and it was for this romantically inclined girl who has always had a huge place in her heart for this movie, I was in "HEAVEN!" We had a lot of fun singing along, laughing at the VERY silly goofy parts and enjoying being outside although it was a bit cold. My blood must have thinned a lot in this amazingly warm weather!
All in all I loved the entire thing! Near the end, Audrey was giggling at me because she didn't know how many of the words I actually knew without reading the prompter. Especially in "We go together" which was probably the most fun song to sing out loud in an amphitheater with 1000's of other people!!! SO much fun!!!
Today is a 20 min. run and swimming. Off to watch the USA v. Ghana and then to the Fitness center to run and swim.

No comments: