Voting

Friday, June 25, 2010

day to day...

Things are starting to feel a bit military, regulated, structured, with not much delineation. Honestly, that is AWESOME because it makes getting up easier, and Lay-Z has to listen to me. It's strange to have SO much time on my hands to do with what I want. It makes you really consider how one spends their time. I like structure. I dig it so much. I'm closing out Week 2 of Tri Training and it's starting to gain momentum. So, I talked to John: my trainer, and we agreed that it's better if I take Sundays and Thursdays off to allow my body some rest. Because with doubles and the daily increase in the training, there's a chance of injury. AND that would suck horrifically.
Yesterday my sister Audrey and I went on a 7 mile bike ride. She was SO funny as the 1:30 afternoon sunshine beating down on us.
"Why in the world would someone create a city in the middle of a desert?"
She kept complaining and moaning behind me. It was a good ride. Sweating that much makes a person feel like they really worked out. More sweat/more water/more pounds lost. Goal accomplished! Yippie...
BOOT CAMP TURNAROUND:
Thurs PM
Very similar to Wed AM
WARM UP:
BIOMETRICS: 3x's each up and back
knees high, kick your butt, side shuffle
ABS: don't really remember but 100 of each and there were 3
PARK CIRCUIT:
Started off with 50 chest pulls with resistance band, jog to next station, 50 arm curls, jog to next station, stairs 10 times up and down, jog to next station, knee ups on the bleachers, jog home.
ABS: I do remember this set. Plank hold for a min. right over on your back to toe touches for a min. REPEAT 3 times
STRETCH:

This morning was awesome! Beth(my step mom) went for the first time. We have to start going early because of her job so I got up at 5:30 and started @ 6:00. I was barely awake, but it was Great!
WARM UP: 3 laps around playground
BIOMETRICS: 3 x's each there and back
knees high/kick your butt/side shuffle/squat jumps(this one killed)
ABS: leg lifts 50 each
STRENGTH/CARDIO CIRCUIT: 25 each using the resistance bands/3 sets
flys/high back kicks each leg/jump roped 100 x's
reverse flys/calf raises/one lap around the pool and playground
halelujah's/lunges/jump rope 100 x's
ABS: mountain climbers/plank to pushup switch up/ 50 each
STRETCH:

Beth did really well for her first time. She's an endurance type of gal so when we had been half way through she was just getting warmed up. It's partly due to her low blood pressure. She doesn't feel like she's sweat enough at that point. I'm like ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I must not have low blood pressure :0)

Two VERY exciting facts:
1). I have a shirt I bought probably 3-4 years ago that's very cute, but pretty much a month or so after I bought it I could no longer button it, so I'd only wear it as an over shirt, unbuttoned. However, yesterday I tried it on to go out to lunch in, and I could totally button it!!! And not like, tight buttoning either.
2). My Favorite pair of pants which I cut into shorts because they got a huge whole in them, used to fit super tight. I could barely button them and often the button would pop and they'd come undone. Oh yay baby, put them on this morning and they are like loose fitting! I'm simply amazed at what eating better and working out has done for my body. And I love it. I love so many things about it, I was considering yesterday why I don't become a trainer myself. Ok, so just a thought, not a revelation or anything.
It was great to have Aud and Beth here to share those moments with. It's a lot different when you are trying to celebrate on your own. Community has a way of making that celebration greater!!!
Anywho...thanks for sharing with me Blog world in my 2 very exciting facts! Thanks for all of your encouragement, support, prayers and love. It's working!!!

No comments: