Voting

Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Meet Up" Wildwood Park Hike


This morning I woke up EARLY! Like 5:15 am early. I looked at the clock and decided to go back to sleep. I woke up again about an hour later and was like maybe I ought to just get up. I chose to go back to bed and finally could not sleep past 7 am. Many a reason behind this. One of them being my excitement and desire to make it to the trail head on time.

The friend B introduced me to last week Karen, told me about this great website, MEET UP where you can go and join different groups that might interest you and they set up meet ups/events for you to RSVP to. There is EVERY different kind of thing you could think of on here. So, I signed up for a couple of different hiking ones, an outdoor adventure one, and a discover LA one. It's in cities all over the country I guess. This being the first time I've ever heard of it, but go check it out, it's GREAT!!!

So, the first event was this morning. A hike to Wildwood Park. I drove over to Thousand Oaks and introduced myself to the 8 others hanging out. Art, Justin, Rae, Mike and three other guys who's names I didn't pick up on because they said them super fast. But I swear the one who invited the other two said their names were Bean and Bean. LOL Who knows?
So we were going on a 4.5 mile loop hike down to Paradise Falls and back up. Art, the facilitator said to take our time and stop whenever we wanted to look for pictures. I was really more wanting to hike than take photos so off I went with Justin and Mike. Mike was a kidney doctor and Justin was in grad school. It was already nice and warm @ 9 am and the walk down to the falls was pretty easy. We took our time and along the route met another guy named Mike who was there to meet our group as well but couldn't find us, so went on his own path. Way to forge your own path son!!! (I'm such a dork.)
So, here are a few of the shots I took today.
I love this picture because it looks like to me that there are two mens faces on those rocks right there (the pic on the left)
And this one I call lady with three dogs. It just seems weird to have a poodle on a walk in desert territory.
Who am I to say who goes for a walk though?
Weird plants, the falls, the boys and sunshine on algae.


Saw some wildlife. Baby ducks, and a coyote and lots of geckos.
This is Lay-Z!!! My lizard brain.
I played around a lot with different settings on my camera. Here are some of those shots!!!

Ok, enough photos. I was having a lot of fun playing with my camera and crouching and finding fun things to point and shoot at. After we arrived at the falls I started to head out on my own and got lost. So, for the next hour I looked for the parking lot and by this point the sun was really super intense and my water was lagging. It made me laugh that I seriously got lost from the group, but I had an awesome time finding my back all on by myself!!!  I found a cave and then finally a trail map! WHOOPS. Who ever says life isn't an adventure doesn't know what they are talking about. By the time I got back to the car, I had hiked more than anyone else and was ready to enjoy my ride home on the freeway with the windows down, the radio up and the wind blowing through my hair!!! This is what I looked like when I returned home! Even used the self portrait setting for this sucker... 
All in all, twas a great morning full of hiking and adventure. Just my kind of Sunday! My church this weekend. Tonight, I have been listening to all kinds of OLD school worship songs, really listening to the words pour out. 
Blessings to all, and to all a good night.
I'm pooped and Boot Camp comes too early in the AM!!! 

No comments: