Voting

Monday, June 14, 2010

Donald Miller continues to make me think...

He really is my favorite writer right now. And I will get his workbook or attend his seminar if it's at all possible. And lately, I am in the decided opinion that all things ARE really possible if you just figure it out. And find the people you need around you to help figure it out if you can't. And prayer...God answers prayers. He promises to give wisdom to those who seek it.

I am inspired to write about this blog question.

With my current adventure/journey/great story I'm writing I am encouraged to observe moment by moment "what habits are robbing my dreams?"

And because I desire deeply to be known...I'll share a couple. And please feel free to ask yourself the question as well and comment.

1). spending $ where it's not necessary
ie: not living on my budget
2). sleeping too much
3). eating junk: when I eat crap, I feel like crap.
4). drinking alcohol in extremes: I'm too young to feel the hangover so badly, but I'm down for at least a day after a couple nights of hard drinking=waste of my precious life
5). TV
6). Driving: I know this seems like a funny thought, but the habit of driving everywhere when you can walk so many places, ride on a bike, keeping the adventure alive as well as keeping your health in such a better place. If it's within 5 miles right now, I can ride my bike there. So, I've made a commitment to ride my bike to the grocery store all summer. Not go in my car unless I need to pick up bigger stuff that won't fit in my basket.
7). Allowing my thought life to overtake me. We are given the fruit of the spirit of self control and we are able to access it whenever we want. And we are told to take captive every thought and make sure it matches up to what we know is truth.

Being here, simplifying my life, is teaching me what is necessary. I know why I love Montana but I discover more and more reasons...and this is one of them. Not having a TV did not make my life horrible, ok so I had NO idea what was up with the lastest sports game, besides the CUBS, and I had no idea what show was amazing this past week.


I was talking to my friend Luke last night and told him that I may subscribe to the "conpiracy theory" of end of the world or end of America as we know it idea. What would happen to all of us who have become so dependent on our blackberries, i phones, computers, twitter, face book, microwaves, starbucks for our coffee, GPS, ect? Would we be lost. Completley lost without them? I know in my week and three days here so far I have noticed a huge dependecy I have developed on these tools. Tools like GPS and google maps to get me around an area, or help me get unlost. I joke about this but, ask my friend Nate or Justin. They both have been my personal GPS systems once or 20 times! But, what do you do when you don't have a cell phone? Grab a map. I have begun using maps again. And what if you were lost in the woods? I love that my friends Nick and Buck and being a volunteer fire fighter taught me how to use topo maps, and mapping skills. And how to make a compass out of simple things. Or use the sun for direction. I am not even a novice at it, but it's a skill I'd like to practice this summer in the hills/mountains of Southern California.
I'm going to climb the San Gaberials...because of one of my favorite singers: Juan Fernando Ortega. And I hope to take one weekend to go up to Yosemite National Park. Maybe someone will come visit me and we can go then. Any takers?!?!? I've never seen the HUGE redwoods and would like to.

so, I'm off to Yoga and a long swim and weight lifting.
Want to hear one of my favorite things about eating the way I have been? Everything tastes SO good!!! Avacados have so much flavor when you don't add anything to them. The flavors of food without salt and added craziness are incredible.
Another video coming soon.

DREAM BIG blog world...no cliche! The quotes that inspire, put them around you. Repeat them. Become a promoter of these things you believe and think and let it soak into you. Be a sponge with words that will help change your life. Because the one life we are given...today, the day that is new, is a gift. Use it wisely!!!

No comments: