Voting

Friday, June 11, 2010

joined the gym

Yesterday, I went over to Cal State Northridge and joined the gym! There is a great weight room, all sorts of fun machines like a SPINNING bike one, an olympic size pool and a boxing room! Met the trainer, George and can't wait to get started.

Did I tell you all that I'm already down 5 lbs.!!! Who knew moving and drinking H2O could be so helpful. They say in weight loss that weighing yourself more than once/week isn't helpful. Plus it's not so much about the scale, as how you feel. And for this " "Feeler" that works great! The scale will be a quantitative way to know and my outcome goal verses my performance goal. Outcome focusing on the end result where as performance focusing on a process or action. Today's performance goal is to swim 1/2 a mile and do my strength training weight workout @ the gym!!! Posting workouts next week when internet/computer is up and running!

Question for my readers?
If you are shopping for one person and don't want to waste food, is there a better way to shop. Buy what you need daily? Or weekly? Is one cheaper than another? Specifically fruits and veggies?

Almost done reading: Hush and Mayo Clinic Diet
Listening to: 105.1 country station here in LA
Color of body: light-medium tan!!! Because I can! Using waterproof 50 SPF because then sun is killer here, gotta protect that skin!

New thing I learned:
If you drink a glass of lemon water first thing after you wake up, it speeds up your metabolism. Haven't looked it up to see if it's face or fiction yet! Doing it anyways...gotta get my H2O in and it's super refreshing! Plus, we have a HUGE lemon tree outside of our home. Freshly squeezed lemonaide anyone?! SO fun and smells amazing!
Off to LAX to drop off Beth and Audrey. They are off to Montana, lucky ladies!!! I'm all alone for the next 13 days.
Thinking about going to a pool party with people from All Saints on Sunday perhaps. Butn I want to attend Saddleback on Sunday for church! I really want to see all of the churches I've heard so much about here in So Cal: Mosaic, Crystal Cathedral, ect. If you have others please send them my way!!!
I've been here now 1 week and truely feel like this is exactly what I needed. Thanks be to God, the one who wants our lives to be full and abundant!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you. Miss you. All that jazz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM3RdD7CuRk

Luke said...

Can't wait to hear about Mosaic. I've been really wanting to go there since i heard Saccone moved out there years ago. Well, want to hear about all of them actually.
I subscribe to the weekly rule for grocery shopping and more power to you if you can make it part of a daily routine...
Planning out the week is key for me so I don't waste food. If I just shop without meals planned out for the week, I inevitably am throwing away that well intentioned tomato that now has natural fuzzy green sweater or that gallon of milk that was never meant to have curd in it. :)

Kristenanne said...

LUKE: Loved the comment about the hairy tomato! I was using one tonight thinking gross…I really don’t want that to happen. Lovin’ my trips to the grocery store. Mosaic felt a lot like Axis used to. Loved the message like I told you...but would like to see the intricacies further investigating. Will let you know if I come up with anything. Thanks for the input. It's helpful. Planning meals is SO important when you are on the go and my life won't be this easy forever. Like for instance, tomorrow I have a full day planned where I won't be back home until lunch hour. So, I had to plan. And planning is what I will start doing more of. I just don't necessarily like eating what I plan always! Need to dive into my cookbooks a little more and tap into my very creative brain and senses God gave me!

Kristenanne said...

VALERIE: And all that Jazz...stop making me cry for goodness sakes! What was that saying you used to say to me often when I was in Montana? I have it in a card or on an e-mail or something. Anywho...tell Evy that whatever is mine, is his and if he can get here, he can swim his little heart out! Thanks for being my Bubba Gump.

Nate Heldman said...

crikey...one more place i need to read.

shopping for one person actually makes fresh fruits and vegetables a great option. you'll need to buy only enough for 2-3 days at a time or they'll start to spoil. that gets you out more, too.

Kristenanne said...

Nathan: Thanks for reading and answering the question! I have decided to go daily or every other day to the storeon my bike. Bike rides to the store ROCK!