Voting

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

smells

Anna posted this today on her blog and I've been meaning to post something so thanks for the inspiration missy!

At Boot Camp (still editing the video) we run by this tree that I swear to you is a pepper tree. Like salt and pepper type of pepper, but I'm not sure if that is how pepper grows so I am going to pause and google it right now. Hmmm ok it's not a tree. It's a vine. So the reason I'm asking and curious is that whenever we pass this tree, that's all I smell. And it's not just like woah...once. It's everytime we run past it I smell crushed pepper. I can almost taste it in the air. I'm going to have to figure out what's up and get back to you all.


Last night, I decided to not go on my bike ride, give my body the sleep it was craving and do it today. I am SO glad I did. Instead, Val called, talked to her for awhile and felt great afterwards. And then today, my sister Kate called and she really helped to encourage me.
I've been having these sort of irrational fears that I haven't changed at all. Or that my body doesn't look any different or that when I get home people won't notice. This combined with lack of sleep sent me to a bad place. Kate asked me a lot of questions about me and why I'm doing this and reminded me of her story and that I need to get back to the basics once again with Weight Watchers, and gave me the suggestion of the holding the amount of weight I've lost in my hands and carrying it around with me for even 10 min. She told me that basically with the amount I've lost, I've lost a Logan (my 4 year old nephew). That visual really helped.
And Anna commented last night and reminded me about big steps and grace. And Luke gave me awesome words of encouragement as well and the space to breathe and not explain. And then today after sleeping and explaining and cutting hair and eating well and drinking lots of H2O I was able to set some new goals again. Just little ones. Not the looming Sept. 1st one, but a small one for today. No day but today! No moment but now. Seize the moment.
It's not always about digging deep to find the motivation. Sometimes its about resting and letting the motivation come to you from outside sources who remind you that you are able. And don't tell you to dig deep. Who just tell you the truth and love you in the midst of a down day.

SO, I'm off to ride 20 miles and walk 30 min. And then tomorrow morning I am going to enjoy boot camp, followed by a nice swim, followed up with a run AND then Actors for Austism Camp. WOOT~

Oh yah, and I'm going to go back to blond next Monday! Can't wait to have new hair again...I love my profession!!!

No comments: