Voting

Monday, August 09, 2010

a question in my mind

What happens when you combine not enough sleep with Boot Camp, a full day and a big dinner? No 20 mile bikeride is what I'm thinking. I don't like days like this where it's literally taking everything I have to think of how I'm going to get on my bike and do this ride. I'm starting to slack. I need some inspiration. And quick. I'm hitting a wall and wanting to quit and not seeing results and scared to go home and to Montana and that nothing has really changed. Why does this happen? Why do we hit these spots of disbelief? I'm not even sure I want to care at this point. Like sometimes, I just want someone to give me something great...and I can find it in myself to do it, but today...it's not one of those days. I will go get it done. I have to but I really don't want to. YUCK...what a sucky feeling. I guess it's what they call ONE OF THOSE DAYS. I could really use a hug...and a massage...and a hot tub.

Just read this..."The weather on a mountain is just as unpredictable as the outcomes of the challenges you give yourself in life. Just because you’re predicting failure doesn’t mean that’s what you’ll get if you muster up the courage to give it a shot.." go see Tyler here for more.  Can someone please do the mustering for me today.

2 comments:

... said...

Didn't someone once say somethng about it being easy to take big steps when life throws you big things to deal with, but the real grace in life comes while dealing with the every day mundane details?

If not, someone should. Or, I guess, I just did!

What's the difference between riding the bike and running? It seems like you embrace the running challenge with more gusto than the biking... Do you not find it as hard?

I got a $13.00 haircut today. Seriously, you need to come home soon.

Kristenanne said...

Biking used to be my favorite part until I hurt my hamstring. Ever since then it's been sucky and my bike needs a tune up. Plus I haven't had a good ride since then. I'm going to take my bike in tomorrow after my ride. I'm SO excited to come home and cut hair all ya'lls hair again!!!