Voting

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

The challenge

Ok, so the first one went out to women that I think are rad. And if I was on Facebook, I'd extend it to them too. I'll contact Megan first thing tonight and get on for that pupose only, to send out that e-mail. Here's the e-mail:

Good Morning Ladies~


For those of you that know what I've been up to this summer, this won't come as a shock to you. For the others, it may just come as a surprise. This summer has been about getting my bootay back into shape. And while I am almost half way to my goal, I figured I would find a next challenge to particiapte in. I also have a deep value for community and thought it would be great extend my challenge for others to do with me. SO....if you would like to...please go visit my blog and read about my summer.

http://agiftof90days.blogspot.com

And if you don't want to or are already reading then awesome!
SO...What am I suggesting? Well, click here to find out:
http://www.womensrace.com/

I am looking for women who would like to compete in this race as well as a couple of others throughout the next year with me. We would form a team, raise funds, train together(do the same schedule if proximity is an issue), start a group blog area/fb page/whatever to help with tips, thoughts, sharing stories, ect. AND then compete about a year from now!!!
If you are interested, I thought a year was plenty of time to really be about this. I have a few other races in mind...and really it's all about having fun while working out and doing it together!

Here are some of the others I thought would be a good challenge:
You can particpate in one or none and if you know others that might be excited as well or want to join us along the way....let me know!!!
Halloween Hustle in Palatine, IL Oct. 23rd
Turkey Trot chicago, il
Chili chilly 5k Schaumburg, il
Indoor Tri Nov 21 Schaumburg
More to follow as they post 2011 calanders
This was sent to you, because I think you are a rad woman and I'm extending my hand as the captain of this team and excited to see who joins me.
Love to each of you,
Kristen Driscoll

So, perhaps if you didn't get this and you are reading and like, hey...I want in...please feel free to comment and I'll be in touch.

OR let's say you're a man and you're like hey Kristen...I'd like to get in on this...I'm totally down with that too. I'd like to an adventure race with men too...like the Muddy Buddy OR some of the others. I have one in mind that I'd love to set up myself and just have fun at it. OR let's go do a 5K or 10K or Tri together. I'm down. So, please don't feel left out if you are a man...know that I'm an equal opportunity worker outer person, I just want my peeps to compete with me. So, ya leave comments...tell me I'm crazy, get on board, or whatever
And with that....I'm out!!!

No comments: