Voting

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Have I told you what I've been doing?

I feel like this is losing it's luster. Because maybe at the end of the day, I'm starting to close the chapter on this blog in my brain. And my brain has sort of been on vacation just like the rest of me.
so here I go...a post.
I love running. I do. It makes me feel amazing and yesterday I ran for 60 min. up and down the hills surrounding my dad's home. And it felt good! The sweat, the movements of my leg muscles, the sun shining on me. All of it felt amazing! And today, I went out in the rain with my dad to SUP (stand up paddle) against the waves of Ashley Lake and the winds coming in from the west. It was intense and hard to stay up. But, after many many attempts, I made it. We paddled down to the cove and around in it, and then tried with all of our might to go against the waves and paddle back to the cabin. I made it about 150 yds. and then fell. Dad did too and then sat down and paddled back sitting. Even that was hard and for every stroke I took, the waves and wind blew me back a half. Finally Dad came to tow me in on the Jet ski. I had already water skied around the lake earlier in the morning and was pooped from that as well as my many falls off of the SUP board. It's SO fun and when I get the chance, I will download some videos to youtube for everyone to watch if you want.

Yesterday we attended the NW Montana Fair and Rodeo and it was a crazy time. I wore Beth's boots and now have 5, yes 5 new blisters to show for it. This is the worst kind of news a week before my tri. :(
Josh and Robert have been a kick in the pants this week. They fight like Nicholas and Michael and Robert has to compete at everything. So, my dad (biggest competitor I know) is saying that we no longer are allowed to compete in our family. LMAO We'll see about how far that one goes.
Speaking of family, I met a new member of mine today. Carl, Beth's nephew and his boyfriend Vincent are up at the lake visiting from New Jersey! They are both musical performance majors at a small school in NJ. It was great having them up for dinner and we played a round of 3-13 a new game I learned. Vincent killed us at it but we sang musical numbers as we played so I didn't mind losing too much!!!

Now it's raining and the lull of the pitter patter on the roof is sending me into a coma type of sleep. I hope it is warm for my last day here tomorrow. I love Montana so much, it will be sad to leave. Lunch with Loretta, give away stuff and send stuff home to Chicago via the Amtrak tomorrow. BIG DAY!!!
Love you all.
Hope you are all doing fantastic.

OH WAIT....even though I've taken this week off sort of eating wise. Ok, completley, I still have been losing weight!!! I'm so close to my goal I could scream. I need to BUCKLE down this last week and traveling is going to be a capital B for my eating and working out habits. Maybe I can go on a fast for the 2 days of travel?! Hmmm...google here you come!!! I'll let you know what I find out.

Maybe I can make a big pot of smoothie stuff, freeze it and only eat or drink that and fresh fruits and veggies. Hmmmmm? Juice fast? What's that lemonade one? Does it work for only 2 days? Ok...I'll stop brainstorming on my actual page. But if anyone has a suggestion, let me know ASAP.

1 comment:

... said...

PROTEIN!!!!

Don't forget the protein!!

That's it.