Voting

Sunday, August 08, 2010

i.heart.musicals.

Being that Michy and I weren't exactly sure what we were going to do today, this morning began with bell pepper, onion and mushroom omelets and a glance at what's going on in LA this weekend. The first thing I notice is that RENT is going to be at the Hollywood Bowl! SO, I ask her and we purchase two seats!!!

So, we spent the day touring LA and Hollywood. Ate dinner, flirted with Vinnie, Phil and Steve(the bartenders) at the Hard Rock Cafe (total tourist trap, but fun none the less) and have a magical time together. Then, we walked up Highland Blvd to the Hollywood Bowl and got to our seats as the musical began. It really was awesome to be there. I love outdoor venues and Michelle saw Rent for the first time. Probably not the greatest seats for the first time, but she LOVED it! ya...another one converted.

It was a late night so today we woke up late...had some breakfast while watching Willow Creek's service on line. That was fun to be able to sit with my friend who I met back there years ago and watch Dr. Henry Cloud speak on Sex and Intimacy. Such a great message. Click here to watch it yourself. You'll be happy you did and it's a two part series so if you can watch next weeks too!!!
Then we packed up our stuff and headed to Manhattan Beach! Spent 3 glorious hours in the sunshine reading and chilling, had some salad burrito bowls from Chipolte and came back to Northridge. Now Michy is on her way back to Phoenix via VW Passat and we both teared up as she left. It's so good to have long time friends.
AND latest on the challenge...Miss Michelle(Michy Michy for short) totally is in! That brings us to 4!!!
Peace...gotta get my run in but I'll throw in the video of M and I's tour of Cali tonight.

No comments: