Voting

Monday, August 16, 2010

a plethera of thoughts and emotions

I'm in MONTANA!!! And it's heaven. It's peaceful and not changed at all except the bipass that they are adding. Arrived yesterday, went to Whitefish for the Huckleberry Festival. Going picking on Wednesday! Went shopping with dad and Robert and then up to the lake. I immediatley thru on my running clothes and took off. What a joy to run these hills I love so much...50 minutes (4.4 miles) baby!!! Then when I got back the three of us went out in the water. Robert and I went kayaking while Dad paddled on his board. It's a super cool work out, stand up paddling. I tried it yesterday and it takes a lot of core work and strength. Then we had a great dinner and watched the coolest movie ever. Dad had found some old 8mm movie reels and had them made into a movie with music. It was of when my sister and I were little. Like my 2 year old birthday party and swimming, and the boys were SO young. IT ROCKED!!! I totally bawled my eyes out watching it. I look a LOT like my mom did at my age. SO much so now especially that my face is so much thinner. What a blessing that is!!! I can't wait to show it to the rest of my family when I get back to Chicago!!!
Today, Robert and I kayaked down to Aunt Gigi's for coffee, chit chat and some breakfast. It's so nice to have my godmother to talk to! She's such a gem in my life. Then we kayaked back and hung out for a bit. He went down to a friends house and I laid out and went out on the stand up paddle again. SO rad is that thing. I also tried my surfing stance out a bunch of times as it's easier to learn while moving very slowly on a lake than trying to learn in the ocean. I did well for what I remembered since my one lesson in Hawaii. And I'm laughing because I was the same size I was back then, now. WOOO HOOO!!! That's a great thing.
SO, last thing to tell you all about today was my amazing bike ride I went on tonight with the Suzy woman! She and I had talked about riding 25 miles on this course that they used for the Tri Adventure race back 2 years ago. I was a lot scared, because it's hilly and gravel and Montana. But, WE TOTALLY KICKED THAT COURSES A@$!!! It was beautiful. And I rode it in 2 hours 1 min. Which considering the hills, rocks! I wish I could post a picture of it, but maybe I find a map of it online tomorrow. For now, I'm going to go rest my bones in the hot tub, and go to bed. Did I mention that this is my favorite vacation spot on the planet EVER. If not, it is. Holy crap have I missed the stars. And the mountains. And the lakes and I'll stop...

No comments: